EaTD

EaTD

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr! Terramyr is the world I created, and where my books and stories come from. Here you may browse upcoming releases, musings of my sporadic and highly distracted mind, or see what I have been up to lately.

Sign up for email updates, and I will send you a free e-book!

Thanks for your visit!


Saturday, February 25, 2017

The Eye of Tanglewood Forest delayed...

I know many of you by now have gotten the email notifying you that the kindle release for The Eye of Tanglewood Forest has been delayed. Now, instead of being released March 1st, it will be March 31st.

First of all, I am sorry to those of you who had ordered it and are waiting for it. Hopefully the reason for its delay will make up for it though. It doesn't happen very often that late in the game I decide on a rewrite, but in the case of this book there was something that was bothering me a lot. I finally hit on a few parts that needed to be changed, and once I had the ideas for changing up the book, I got really excited. No spoilers of course, but I think the changes make for a more exciting read, and opened up a lot of really, really fun possibilities.

However, since I didn't figure out these new ideas until just this week, I was faced with a choice. Rush to get it all done in one week, or delay the release by a month to make sure it is done right. I went back and forth for a while, but ultimately I chose the latter option. I want to make sure that this book is as good as it can be. The changes don't involve rewriting the entire book from scratch, but it does require an overhaul of several parts. So far, I am very happy with how that process is coming along, and I hope you will also be pleased with it.

The last time I delayed a book it was because one of my sons had an accident and was badly burned and needed to go into the hospital (everything turned out all right, but it was a long recovery process), so it is definitely something I try to avoid, but in this case it just boiled down to quality, and I think the new chapters will be much, much better in the end.  🙂



No comments:

Post a Comment