EaTD

EaTD

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr! Terramyr is the world I created, and where my books and stories come from. Here you may browse upcoming releases, musings of my sporadic and highly distracted mind, or see what I have been up to lately.

Sign up for email updates, and I will send you a free e-book!

Thanks for your visit!


Monday, February 20, 2017

LTUE is over... so now back to work!


Last week I spent a few days at Life the Universe and Everything in Provo, Utah and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. There were a lot of professional authors, editors, publishers, film makers, and others who shared their knowledge and experience with others. I spent most of my time behind a table, so I didn't get to sit in on everything I would have liked, but that allowed me to interact with quite a few really cool individuals. I met physicists, directors, aspiring authors, and even a former circus performer.

The only thing that I would have liked better would have been the Cosplay they have at Comic Con :) Only one person showed up with a costume to LTUE, and I think they felt a bit out of place. (But it was an awesome costume from Skyrim, where she had a silver cape she could hold out and a large, stuffed dragon on her head as if perched before a battle. I loved it!

I also got some of the best compliments I have ever received for my writing. One was a young teenager who picked up one of my books and began reading. Other people came and went from the table while he continued to flip the pages and stand silently reading. Then, after about fifteen minutes (or maybe ten, I'm bad with time) he slapped the book down and looked at me with a super straight face. No smile, no nothing. I figured he was going to let me know what he didn't like, but he did exactly the opposite. He said he loved the first chapter and was taking the book. After he purchased it and I signed it, he walked away with his nose stuck in the book.

It doesn't get much better than that for a writer. :)

Then there was a young girl. Her father had received one of my comics as part of a promotion on the first day of the convention. The second day he came up and said that his daughter had read the comic about 8 times and he had a hard time getting her to do anything else.

Those two things, plus others, certainly put a little extra vigor back into my creative mind once I got back to writing today. With a lot of effort, and a bit of luck, I am hoping to put out some of my best projects this year, and I am really excited about them. (I almost have a new cover to reveal for the Erik Lokton book I have been talking about.)

In the meantime, be sure to check out The Eye of Tanglewood Forest, book 3 in the Haymaker Adventure series which comes out March 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment