EaTD

EaTD

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr

Welcome to Tales from Terramyr! Terramyr is the world I created, and where my books and stories come from. Here you may browse upcoming releases, musings of my sporadic and highly distracted mind, or see what I have been up to lately.

Sign up for email updates, and I will send you a free e-book!

Thanks for your visit!


Friday, January 29, 2016

The Dragon's Champion audiobook is Finished :)


Creating an audiobook for The Dragon's Champion was a very interesting experience. Normally, when I write, I imagine voices, faces, demeanor, etc. for all of the characters. I know their backstories, their futures, and their hopes and fears. However, when I listen to a narrator bring the story to life, it feels almost as if I am hearing the story for the first time. Even though I know what is going to happen, the narration itself brings a new mystery to the book.

The good news- I quite enjoyed listening to it!

I was nervous at first. How would the male narrator handle the female voices? Would he get the pacing correct? What about pronouncing some of the names?

Luckily, I didn't need to worry about most of that. A lot of the time it was read the way I imagined it should be. The few times it wasn't, actually ended up being fine too, because it was part of a production that when taken as a whole was very entertaining. The names were ironed out once I sent a pronunciation guide too. (Any of you who have read the book know that Al the dwarf has a fairly difficult full name...)

All things considered, I am very happy with the production and looking forward to rolling out the audiobook version for the rest of the books in the series!

Be sure to check out the previews on Audible, Amazon, or iTunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment